1. What are the stages of business litigation situations in Ireland?
Our litigation solicitors
can offer you assistance in business litigation
cases. Commercial disputes
can be solved in the Irish courts
or by arbitration. Our Irish law firm
can help you through this process by gathering evidence, serve the summons for the lawsuit or represent you in an Irish Court
2. What are the most important legal aspects in terms of company formation in Ireland?
All businesses registered in Ireland
must respect the terms stipulated by the Irish commercial law
regarding the company type, numbers of directors or shareholders, the minimum shared capital of the company and many others.
3. What are the main legal requirements a foreign investor should know before opening a company in Ireland?
When a foreign investor is seeking to register a company in Ireland
, he or she should comply to the same regulations regarding company formation
that a local investor must respect; however, there are certain business sectors restricted to foreign investors. You may find out more information on this subject from our Irish law firm
4. Does Irish legislation require special permits and licenses for foreign businesses in Ireland?
Businesses in Ireland
require a special permit or a license according to the activity sector in which they carry their operations. You can ask for assistance from our lawyers in Ireland
5. What is the debt collection procedure in Ireland?
stipulates several procedures for debt collection
. Amicable debt collection
is applied when the debtor is willing to pay the debt; all other cases can be solved by applying legal procedures, which can be explained by our solicitors in Ireland.
6. Is it necessary to have a visa to enter in Ireland?
As a citizen of European Economic Area or of the European Union, you do not need a visa to enter in Ireland. Other citizens, according to the time spent in Ireland, may need a short stay “C” visa (for visits shorter than 3 months) or a long stay “D” visa (for stays longer than 3 months).
7. What are the procedures for obtaining an Irish citizenship?
The citizenship in Ireland can be obtained if your parents or grandparents have Irish citizenship. Irish legislation states that the citizenship may be obtained through marriage with an Irish resident or through naturalization processes.
8. What are the main provisions of the employment law in Ireland?
The Employment Law in Ireland
regulates the types of contracts available for employers, terms of the contract, employee’s rights in terms of wage, sick leave, maternity leave and the termination of a contract.
9. Are there any special requirements for marriage or divorce in Ireland?
In Ireland any two individuals can get married, regardless of their gender or nationality, as long as they are at least 18 years old; our Irish lawyers can offer you support in this sense.
10. What are the main taxes applicable to individuals and companies in Ireland?
Corporate tax in Ireland
is set up at 12,5%, being the second smallest tax in the European Union
. For individuals, a progressive tax is applied, according to the level of income earned.
For more information about the laws in Ireland
or for professional advice in individual or corporate cases, please contact our Irish lawyers